Most people want to know the amount of pee that they would have to give to the medical technologist when taking a marijuana test. Most testers will give you a small bottle that you should fill in order for your urine sample to get accepted. If you fall short from the urine specimen cup, you might be required to pee again until you reach the requirement.
Many people who want to get a job or aiming for a promotion undergo a pre-employment drug testing. You might not see dope addicts queuing for a job interview, but you will be able to see casual smokers queue up for a job promotion. Read more information about marijuana in this link here.
Some enjoy a pot or two for recreational use. Nothing serious. Even if marijuana is legal in some states, the problem is, drug testing is not a state program. It is a federal program. This means that if you fail your drug tests, you can forget about getting that dream job that you wanted for so long. So how can you remove marijuana from your system before doing a drug test? Before you find ways on how to make sure that your test turns negative when doing a drug test, you should know first how much time it takes for marijuana to stay inside your body.
How Long Will Marijuana Stay Inside Your Body
Each person is different and there are also several factors that can affect the detection of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC – The active ingredient of marijuana. Here are some things that you should know when it comes to THC.
- Lifestyle– If you exercise frequently, drinks lots of water and live a healthy lifestyle, your body will be able to get rid of THC in just a few weeks.
- The Half-life of THC– Generally, THC’s half-life is 7 days. After a week, it will break down into metabolites which will decrease the amount of THC in the body for 50%. The remaining half will take about a month or more before the body can completely get rid of it.
- The amount of Marijuana Smoked– If you are a heavy smoker or you consume marijuana in huge amounts, this will translate to more THC in the body. This might be more difficult to get rid of in a short period of time.
- The potency of Marijuana– It is important to note that not all weed is created equal. This means that getting rid of THC will depend on the potency of the weed that you have smoked.
- Detoxification– There are a lot of detoxifying agents in the market that can shorten the life of THC in the body. If you have the right product, you can even pass your marijuana drug test without breaking a sweat.
This is the most common testing method because of the easy collection and it is the least expensive. THC also remains detectable for longer periods of time in urine samples compared to hair or blood samples. Rather than detecting THC, the urine test looks for its breakdown called THC-COOH. The THC-COOH can be detected in the body after about 6 – 8 days of consuming marijuana. When it comes to users who consume marijuana daily, THC-COOH can be detected even after 3 months has passed.
How to Pass a Marijuana Urine Drug Test
They usually conduct drug tests for pre-employment or random drug testing in the workplace. What you need to remember is that you don’t have to be 100% free from THC in order to pass the test. You just need to have results that are below the threshold levels and you are good to go. The typical threshold is about 50 ng/ml. As long as you are under this, you will have a guaranteed negative result.
It is very risky to consume marijuana within 24 – 48 hours before a test. The good news is that you can do the following in order to lower your chance of getting a positive result. You can visit a website called Drug Testing Reviews in order to know more information about what to do in order to pass your drug test.
- Start drinking water that is about 2-3 liters 24 hours before the test. During the testing day, drink another two liters.
- Exercise can spike the THC levels in your body. Therefore, avoid any strenuous exercise before the testing day.
- You can improve your chances of getting a negative result with the help of vitamin B complex, B 12, and B2. You can take around 50 – 150 mg of dosage and that can flush out THC levels.
- If you can delay your drug test for another week or two, do it. However, if it can’t be avoided then choose to be tested in the afternoons. The first urine sample of the day can have a lot of THC which can heighten the chance of a positive result.
Another Way to Get a Negative Result
The good news is that there are a lot of detoxification kits that can eliminate THC from your system. You have to remember that there’s no way of talking yourself out if you have a positive drug test result. Therefore, it is better to face the situation and prepare for it using detox drinks and kits.
Some detox kits contain all-natural ingredients including lots of vitamins, herbs, and minerals. You can flush out the toxins in your body without needing to mask them. You might also feel the need to urinate more if you take these natural diuretics. This is one way of flushing out the toxins in your body. Some detoxification pills and drinks contain lots of Vitamin B. This ensures that you will retain your urine color and you can restore the nutrients that you flush out due to frequent urination.
If you don’t know where to start, you can talk to an expert today. They will guide you on the things that you should do, and you can get more information about how to pass your test more smoothly.