Alcohol breath can be the bane of a drinker’s life, but there are some ways to get rid of alcohol breath.
Through eating and drinking certain substances, cleaning yourself up, and working to prevent booze breath, to begin with, you can end up smelling alcohol-free!
Ways to Get Rid of Alcohol Breath
- Drink a lot of water. Staying hydrated will decrease the build-up of alcohol in your system.
- Eat garlic. Garlic has a powerful odor that tends to mask the smell of alcohol.
- Drink plenty of coffee. A strong smelling coffee may override the alcohol smell.
- Nosh on herbs. Chew a sprig of rosemary, parsley, or spearmint throughout the day.
- Invest in a tin of breath mints and suck on them liberally.
- Spritz on more cologne than usual and reapply it often.
- Brush your teeth with strong toothpaste. The smell will adhere to your gums and help get rid of alcohol breath.
- Chewing gum may also be useful.
- Stay away from drinks that contain spices and herbs. Aromatic ingredients usually have an extra powerful odor.
- Take a hot shower or bath. Hot water will help flush the alcohol from your system.
- Stick to one drink all through the evening. Don’t mix alcoholic beverages.
- The next morning drink two tall glasses of water to moisten your mouth, and also to replenish the water lost from the alcohol you consumed.
- Chew gum. Chewing gum can produce extra saliva. Choose gum with a menthol flavor, or gum with a sour fruit flavor.
- Avoid drinking on an empty stomach.
- Eat. Snack on complementary foods. Food absorbs some of the alcohol you drink. Some bars serve simple foods; most at least provide peanuts and other snacks. Eating will help keep you hydrated, which tends to decrease the likelihood of alcohol breath.
- Brush your teeth good; floss and use mouthwash. Do the same when you get up the next morning.
- Eat mustard. The pungent smell of yellow mustard masks the smell of beer or other alcoholic beverages
- Eat peanut butter after an evening of drinking to get rid of alcohol breath. Keep a jar of peanut butter around and grab a mouthful occasionally.
- Rinse your mouth with water mixed with fresh lemon juice and salt to counter the smell of spirits on your breath. Also, you can add a fresh lemon slice to a cup of black tea to freshen your breath.
- Consume tomato juice. Tomato juice is known for its ability to mask the smell of alcohol.
- Take a shower or bath to leech the alcohol from your pores.
- Drink strong black coffee throughout the day. You can also munch on a few roasted coffee beans every few hours to radiate a rich, coffee scent.
- Use perfume, cologne or deodorants to mask the alcohol smell emanating from your body.
- Chewing fresh mint leaves every few hours also works well.
- Hold a small cinnamon stick in your mouth. Suck on it throughout the day to keep your alcohol breath in check.
Consume a lot of water. Drink strong coffee. Nosh on rosemary, parsley, or spearmint. Use breath mints. Brush your teeth with strong toothpaste. Don’t mix your drinks and avoid drinks that contain spices and herbs.
Chew gum with a menthol flavor, or a sour fruit flavor. Brush your teeth good; floss and use mouthwash. The morning after a night of drinking, consume plenty of water to moisten your mouth, and also to replenish the water lost from the alcohol you consumed.
Remember, alcohol breath can be the bane of a drinker’s life, but there are some ways to get rid of alcohol breath.
The smell of alcohol is conspicuous. It cannot be mistaken for anything else. You will likely want to take every possible measure to remove the alcohol smell from your breath.
Follow the steps above to end up smelling alcohol-free.