A lie bump is a tiny swelling of the tongue or on the gums. This painful inflammation erupts in red and white bumps.
The exact cause of lie bumps is unknown but it is believed that lie bumps on the gums may be caused by a lack of Vitamin B. Lie bumps can be caused by hormonal changes, stomach problems or stress. Studies show that women have a higher chance of developing lie bumps than men.
Lie bumps are very common. Most of us will experience or will form lie bump at some point in life.
The name of these bumps traces back to the ancient myth that lies bumps may appear on your tongue if you are lying (this is not true).
Eliminating lie bumps is simple with the correct care and treatment. You may simply treat them for your ease the uneasiness caused.
Lie bumps will often disappear in a few days with no treatment at all, but there are some useful home remedies that might help get rid of lie bumps faster.
Home Remedies for Getting Rid of Lie Bumps
- Figs are replete with minerals and various vitamins which aid in struggling with the infection causing bacteria. Combine a tablespoon of dried figs with 1 glass of very hot water. Drink the mixture. Do this two or three times a day for a week to get rid of lie bumps.
- Heat a glass of water in a saucepan and add ½ teaspoon of salt. Gargle with the salt water for thirty seconds. Do the same procedure for at best three to four times a day to get rid of bumps on the tongue. salt water has antibacterial properties which aid in removing the infection
- For lie bumps on the tongue, one remedy is to drink lots of cold fluids. The temperature of the fluids helps to soothe the burning, pain and drinking enough fluids also rids your body of toxins.
- Mint leaves are the best natural preparations to eliminate any type of infection on the body or on the skin. The reason is that mint leaves hold a high quantity of antimicrobial as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
- Chew several fresh mint leaves. Do the same thing two to three times a day and do continue it from four to five days.
- Put a teaspoon of magnesia milk in a small bowl. Dip a cotton ball in the magnesia milk and soak it well for about a minute. Apply this to the lie bumps on the tongue.
- Do this two or three times a day for several days Magnesia milk is established to be the best antacids which aid in indulgencing the irritating lie bumps on top of the tongue.
- Make a cold compress with an ice cube and apply it directly to the affected area to soothe the bumps.
The above remedies are all safe and natural and have no side effects.
Other Tips to Help Get Rid of Lie Bumps on Tongue
Enrich your nutrition to prevent digestive disorders and the formation of lie bumps. Consume plenty of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains, and avoid refined food and sugar.
Add more Vitamin B to your diet. Eat more greens and lean meat.This will help prevent the formation of lie bumps
Remember, a lie bump is a tiny swelling of the tongue or on the gums that erupts in red and white bumps. The exact cause of lie bumps is unknown, but it is believed that lie bumps on the gums may be caused by a lack of Vitamin B.
Lie bumps are quite common and do not usually require medical treatment. Lie bumps will often disappear in a few days with no treatment at all, but the above tips and home remedies may help get rid of lie bumps faster. They are all safe and natural and have no side effects.