The things you need to consider before making a personal injury claim compensation:
- Did you have any extra expenses because of the accident?
- Have you had to lose time from work?
- Have you got all the necessary information ready?
- Do you know which accident claims solicitors to use for your personal injury claim?
Lets look at these in more detail.
Do you qualify to make a personal accident claim?
- Have you been involved in an accident that was not your fault
- Were you injured badly enough to need medical attention
- Has the accident happened within the last three years
If you answer yes to these questions, you do qualify to make an accident claim.
Did you have any extra expenses because of the accident?
Any extra expenses you have been burdened with because of the accident are recoverable as part of your claim, providing you have proof such as receipts. So anything you have to spend, make sure you get a receipt for it.
Some of the items might seem trivial and not worth bothering with, but they can soon add up to quite a bit of money.
Have you had to lose time from work?
The vast majority of personal injury claims include a loss of earnings element because most injuries mean you have to lose some time from work. You will need proof of the lost income from either your employer or your accountant.
If your injuries are such that you will never be able to work again, this will have to be accounted for as part of your personal injury claim.
Have you got all the necessary information ready?
Before you make your claim, there is information you need to put together ready to give to the accident claims solicitor. You will need:
- Details of the accident. If you have any information about the scene of the accident, or even photos taken on a mobile, they could be very useful.
- Details of any witnesses.
- A medical report from your doctor details your injuries at the outset, how they are progressing and if you will make a full recovery. If not, their opinion on how they will affect your life in the future. You may have to go for a separate medical assessment, but your doctor knows you better than any other doctor, so their opinion is important.
- Any other information, no matter how trivial it may seem, about the accident and injuries you sustained.
Do you know which accident claims solicitors to use for your personal injury claim?
The best accident claim solicitors to use for your claim is UK Claim Lawyers, who have over 10 years experience in helping victims such as yourself to get the compensation they were entitled to.
We are able to match your claim to the most experienced and specialized in the area of your accident and injuries, which can only increase your chances of a successful claim.
Read more historical articles here